RULES AND REGULATIONS TO START A CAFE IN
By Mouliraj |Jan 5,2020 |Rules and Regulations of India.
- There are lots of rules and regulations to start a cafe in India. Opening a restaurant or a cafe is a overwhelming process. To open a cafe one must comply with all permits and licenses. To open a cafe, it is required to obtain permits and licenses. In this article we can discuss about the rules and regulations to start a cafe in India.
THERE ARE LOTS OF RULES AND LICENSES TO START A CAFE IN INDIA:
Some of them are given below:
- FSSAI License,
- Liquor License,
- Health/Trade License,
- Eating House License,
- Shop and Establishment License,
- Fire safety License,
- Lift clearance License,
- Music License,
- Certificate of Environmental clearance License,
- Signage License,
- Insurance Certificate ,Etc.,,
- It is one of the important food license to open a cafe or a restaurant. As per Food safety and Standard Act 2006,India to obtain an FBO [Food Business Operator] license from FSSAI [Food Safety and Standard Authority of India] for the purpose of ensuring the quality of food for the benefits of public health.
- Apply for the license by logging into the FSSAI website
- COST: Fee for registration: Rs..50
Fee for central License: Rs..7500.
- This license’s application forms are available at the respective state government websites.
- COST: Fee for submission of document: Rs..5000
Fee for additional spirit band: Rs..50,000.
- This license’s application forms are available at the state municipal corporation websites.
- COST: Fees are depending on the state rules from Rs..500 to Rs..50,000.
Eating House License:
- We have to get this license by registering at our state police licensing unit.
- COST: Approximately cost is Rs..300 for 3 years.
Shop and Establishment License:
- We have to get the application forms for this license in our respective state websites.
- COST: Fees are depending on the state rules from Rs..200 to Rs..4000/- year.
Fire safety License:
- All the restaurant needs to register for the NOC from the State Fire Department.
- COST: No fee required for this license.
Lift clearance License:
- We have to get the clearance inspector from the Electricity department and Labour commissioner.
- Music License are issued by phonographic performance limited(PPL).
Certificate of Environmental clearance License:
- Environment clearance license certificate is issued by Ministry of Environment ,forest and climate change.
- We have to get the Signage license by apply at Municipal corporation or some local authority.
- This certificate is issued for the safety of that cafe or restaurant and the customer of that shops. Coffee shops ,restaurant ,and cafe pay a minimum amount from Rs..2500 to Rs..5000 for general insurance. It is issued by an agent on behalf of an issuer.